Free Fun Friday 2019
July 26, 2019, 10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Join the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for Free Fun Friday on Friday, July 26. The Institute will be open for free all day with special programs, activities, and exhibits. Free Fun Friday is supported through the Highland Street Foundation. See what you’ll experience here.
- Act as a Senator-for-a-day and learn about how our government works.
- Debate and vote in interactive programs: Today’s Vote and Future Senator.
- See history come to life in historical programs Great Senate Debate: The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and a new program marking the 100th anniversary of women’s right to vote.
- Learn the stories of twenty historic and contemporary trailblazers through artistic representations in the A Seat at the Table exhibit.
- Enjoy hands-on activities like Campaign Button Creations and contribute to a community-made art project.
- Explore with the new “Senator-in-training” activity guide books.
- Visit the Senate Staff Office exhibit and see a replica of Senator Kennedy’s Washington, D.C. office.
- Pose for fun photos with your family and friends with the Institute’s special photo booth.
The Institute is located on Columbia Point in Boston, next door to the JFK Presidential Library and Museum. The Massachusetts Archives and Commonwealth Museum are located directly across from the Institute.
The Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate is pleased to participate in Museum Day on Saturday, April 4, 2020. Museum Day is an annual celebration hosted by Smithsonian magazine. Participating museums and cultural institutions across the country provide free entry to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket. The Museum Day ticket provides free admission for two people on April 4. Tickets will be available to download starting February 27, 2020.
Join the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for Drop-In tours on the first Saturday of every month at 1 p.m. This discussion-based tour with a thematic focus offers deeper insights into the Institute’s exhibits and programs. Tours will lead into the Today’s Vote program where visitors can debate and vote on Senate legislation.
How can kids help care for the planet? Join us for a day of family-friendly activities themed around preserving our Earth for future generations of kids. Vote for the best climate action invention in a special program held in the Institute’s replica Senate Chamber, visit the maker studio to do a project with recycled materials, and learn about important climate issues.