Free Fun Friday 2018
July 13, 2018, 10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
On Friday, July 13, the Edward M. Kennedy Institute participates in offering a “Free Fun Friday” through support from the Highland Street Foundation. The Institute is open for free all day. There is no admission cost. See what you’ll experience here.
- Be welcomed as Senator-for-a-day and learn about how our government works.
- Attend programs in the Institute’s U.S. Senate Chamber replica: Today’s Vote on the ONSHORE Act and Great Senate Debate about the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Create your own customized campaign buttons.
- Visit the new Senate Staff Office exhibit and see a replica of Senator Kennedy’s Washington, D.C. office.
- Finish your visit at the Institute’s photo booth and pose for fun photos with your family and friends.
The Institute is located on Columbia Point in Boston, adjacent to the JFK Presidential Library and Museum. The Massachusetts Archives and Commonwealth Museum are located directly across from the Institute.
In partnership with the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum as well as the Massachusetts Archives and Commonwealth Museum, the Institute will welcome state and local leaders for a conversation on the importance of the 2020 Census.
Museum Day is an annual celebration hosted by Smithsonian magazine. Participating museums and cultural institutions across the country provide free entry to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket. The Museum Day ticket provides free admission for two people on April 4.
Join the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for Drop-In tours on the first Saturday of every month at 1 p.m. This discussion-based tour with a thematic focus offers deeper insights into the Institute’s exhibits and programs. Tours will lead into the Today’s Vote program where visitors can debate and vote on Senate legislation.