Getting to the Point on Education Reform in the Commonwealth
State and local leaders will discuss the challenges posed by the current state education funding formula and proposals for reform that meet the needs of students and families throughout Massachusetts.
Moderated by Steve Brown, State House Reporter/Anchor for WBUR, the discussion will feature:
• Colin Jones, Senior Policy Analyst, Mass Budget & Policy Center, @MassBudget
• State Senator Jason Lewis, 5th Middlesex, Chair, Joint Committee on Education, @SenJasonLewis
• State Representative Alice Peisch, 14th Norfolk, Chair, Joint Committee on Education, @RepAlicePeisch
• James Peyser, Secretary of Education, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, @MassEducation
• Dr. Lorna Rivera, Director, Gaston Institute for Latino Community Development & Public Policy, Associate Professor of Women’s & Gender Studies at the University of Massachusetts Boston, and Member, Boston Public Schools Committee @GastonInstitute
In partnership with the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum as well as the Massachusetts Archives and Commonwealth Museum, the Institute will welcome state and local leaders for a conversation on the importance of the 2020 Census.
Museum Day is an annual celebration hosted by Smithsonian magazine. Participating museums and cultural institutions across the country provide free entry to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket. The Museum Day ticket provides free admission for two people on April 4.
Join the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for Drop-In tours on the first Saturday of every month at 1 p.m. This discussion-based tour with a thematic focus offers deeper insights into the Institute’s exhibits and programs. Tours will lead into the Today’s Vote program where visitors can debate and vote on Senate legislation.