Book a Private Event
The Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate offers a unique venue for private events. The innovative, 68,000-square-foot Institute is complete with a full-scale representation of the United States Senate Chamber and a range of digital screens and projection areas that enable each event to be customized and distinct.
The heart and soul of the Institute is its breathtaking full-scale representation of the U.S. Senate Chamber in Washington, D.C. surrounded by three fully digital galleries and the grand lobby. Additionally, the Institute has three studio classrooms.
- A - The Senate Chamber Representation
- This majestic space recreates the real Chamber in stunning detail, from the ornate wall decorations to the rich oak wood desks, made by a New England master craftsman. The sense of history in the Chamber is enhanced with state of the art technology.
- B - The Lobby Area
- 6,400 square foot lobby area, the perfect spot to host 800 people for a reception or 300 people for a seated meal. The sleek design makes for a perfect backdrop for an elegant dinner or cocktail reception.
- C - The Surround
- The Institute features dynamic programming through the Chamber Surround exhibit space: an interactive, multi-media space representing the history, role, leaders, and significant accomplishments of the U.S. Senate. As visitors move through the space they engage with wall-sized, high-resolution media in which the story of the Senate is presented in a series of distinct exhibit areas, with content that is updated through real-time data streams.
- D - The Studios
- The Institute features three 1,400-square-foot classrooms that can be further divided into smaller spaces. These rooms can be used to hold workshops, breakout sessions, or simply for smaller gatherings. Each of these spaces can be set up in conference room-style that seats 20, classroom-style for 50, or auditorium-style with 98 seats. All studios are fully equipped with standard A/V equipment.
This selection of images from past programs and events at the Institute shows the creative range of Institute space uses possible. Picture how your event can be memorable here.
The Institute’s space features three walls with 22 high-resolution projectors along with digital screens in the lobby and U.S. Senate Chamber. Clients have the option of further enhancing a customized experience with videos, photos, and logos in the event design. The Institute’s team of technical professionals has created collateral to help aid in clients creating their own content for customizing their own event and are available to consult on audiovisual details.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve collected some of the more common questions we receive, including information about preferred vendors, but please do not hesitate to contact us directly to discuss your event.
- What kinds of events can be held at the Institute?
- The Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate offers a unique venue for cultural, corporate, educational, and nonprofit events of all kinds. Private events and weddings are also reviewed upon request.
- When can events be held?
- * Monday buyouts (8:00 AM-5:00 PM)
* Tuesday-Sunday buyouts (reviewed upon request) (8:00 AM-5:00 PM)
* Studio Rentals (8:00 AM-5:00 PM) (rented in 4 hour blocks any day)
* Breakfast Rentals (7:00-10:00 AM)
* Evening Rentals (5:00-10:00 PM)
- May I use my own vendors?
- No. All events must choose from the following list of preferred vendors:
Contact: Melinda Duffy
Contact: Cori Sharp
Contact: Julie Ingalls
Contact: Karen Shoop
Contact: Leslie Lamb
Phone: 781-893-6700 ext 1
Contact: Marc Tarquinio
PEAK Event Services (Tenting)
Contact: Tarryn Prosper
Be Our Guest
Contact: Jim Carr
- How can I book an event?
- Space requests should be made as early as possible. To book a space for your event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invite your guests to walk through the doors of the Institute’s full-size replica of the United States Senate Chamber and experience the history and character of the Senate up close. They can step inside a reproduction of Senator Kennedy’s Washington, D.C. office featuring treasured mementos, photographs, original artifacts, and his own artwork. As an addition, you can use our talented team of guides to lead your guests through a live vote on the Senate floor. Our unique experiences lend themselves to team-building and collaborative fun. Learn more >