Getting to the Point: The Path to Affordable Housing in Massachusetts
State and local leaders will discuss the housing challenges facing Massachusetts. How does the lack of affordable housing in the Commonwealth affect diverse communities? How does the housing crunch affect quality of life and economic growth in our region? How can the state work with cities and towns across the Commonwealth to create a sustainable housing market? Leaders will share how government and other stakeholders are working to address the need for affordable housing in our state.
• Adam Chapdelaine, Town Manager, Town of Arlington, @AdamWChap
• Rachel Heller, CEO, Citizens’ Housing & Planning Association (CHAPA), @CHAPAdotorg
• Mike Kennealy, Secretary of Housing and Economic Development, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, @MassEOHED
• Chrystal Kornegay, Executive Director, MassHousing, @MassHousing
• Adrian Walker, Columnist, The Boston Globe, @Adrian_Walker
In partnership with the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum as well as the Massachusetts Archives and Commonwealth Museum, the Institute will welcome state and local leaders for a conversation on the importance of the 2020 Census.
Museum Day is an annual celebration hosted by Smithsonian magazine. Participating museums and cultural institutions across the country provide free entry to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket. The Museum Day ticket provides free admission for two people on April 4.
Join the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for Drop-In tours on the first Saturday of every month at 1 p.m. This discussion-based tour with a thematic focus offers deeper insights into the Institute’s exhibits and programs. Tours will lead into the Today’s Vote program where visitors can debate and vote on Senate legislation.