Plan Your Visit
The Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate is designed to bring the history of the United States Senate alive – using technology to engage and inspire like never before. The Institute features a representation of the United States Senate Chamber, interactive exhibits, and a reproduction of Senator Kennedy’s office. To experience the Senate Chamber, Chamber Surround, temporary exhibits and Senator Kennedy’s office, please plan for a 1.5 to 2 hour visit.
Senate Chamber programs schedule:
Today’s Vote runs Tuesday through Sunday at 12 p.m., 2 p.m., and 4 p.m.
Great Senate Debates runs Tuesday through Saturday at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m., and Sunday at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
Please note that these schedules are subject to change for special events.
General Admission Tickets
|Type of Ticket||Price||Discount for MA Residents|
|Youth (18-24)||$14||$12||Child (6-17)||$8||free|
|U.S. Armed Forces Veteran||$14||$12|
|U.S. Active Duty Armed Forces||free with ID||Child (6 and under)||free|
Special and Discounted Pricing
Admission is free for all children under 6 years and for all U.S. Active Duty Armed Forces, as well as for all Massachusetts residents 17 and younger.
John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum visitors receive a $2 (U.S.) discount on individual tickets for up to two weeks from the purchase date with validated ticket.
The Institute offers special rates for groups of 20 or more. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
School groups, camps, and clubs serving students from third to twelfth grades can email email@example.com for more information on rates. Please note that all elementary, middle and high school groups from Massachusetts receive free admission to the Institute.
Institute Hours of Operation
Tuesday through Sunday – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Holiday observances in 2017:
Independence Day (Tuesday, July 4)
Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 23)
- All bags are subject to inspection by Institute staff.
- Free coat check is available to Institute guests and visitors. Storage of personal belongings is not open to the public.
- Large bags, umbrellas, strollers and other large items must be checked at coat check.
- Food and drinks will not be permitted beyond the lobby or café areas.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothing as the experience can last up to two hours.
- The Institute engages in photographing and recording programs and events for its own documentation and promotional purposes.
Put a visit to the Edward M. Kennedy Institute on your list of what to do in Boston this year. Help us become one of the top Boston places of interest by sharing this page via social media.