Plan Your Visit
Visit the Kennedy Institute Tuesday through Sunday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate is designed to bring the history of the United States Senate alive – using technology to engage and inspire like never before. The Institute features a full-scale replica of the United States Senate Chamber, interactive exhibits, and a reproduction of Senator Kennedy’s Washington, DC, office. To experience live programs in the Senate Chamber, exhibits, and Senator Kennedy’s office, please plan for a 1.5 to 2 hour visit.
General Admission Tickets
|Type of Ticket||Price||Discount for MA Residents|
|Youth (18-24)||$14||$12||Child (7-17)||$8||free|
|U.S. Armed Forces Veteran||$14||$12|
|U.S. Active Duty Armed Forces||free with ID||Child (6 and under)||free|
Special and Discounted Pricing
- Admission is free for all children under 6 years and for for all U.S. Active Duty Armed Forces.
- Through August 31, 2019, admission is also free for all Massachusetts residents ages 7-17. Effective September 1, 2019, admission for Massachusetts youth ages 7-17 who are not a part of an organized school group will be $7.
- John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum visitors receive a $2 (U.S.) discount on individual tickets for up to two weeks from the purchase date with validated ticket.
Blue Star Museums
During summer 2019 through to September 1, 2019, the Kennedy Institute will participate in the Blue Star Museum network and will offer free admission to the nation’s active-duty military personnel and their families, including National Guard and Reserve. Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and museums across America. Read the Frequently Asked Questions about Blue Star Museums.
Mass Cultural Council’s EBT Card to Culture program
The Institute participates in the Mass Cultural Council’s EBT Card to Culture program. Show your EBT card and receive $2 per person admission. The offer is good for up to 4 individuals per EBT card during regular business hours. This discount cannot be combined with other offers or used for special events.
The Institute offers group tours (20 or more people) at special rates. If you would like to book a group tour, please fill out our Group Visit Request Form. Please email email@example.com for more information.
School groups, camps, and clubs serving students from third to twelfth grades can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on discounted rates. Please note that all elementary, middle and high school groups from Massachusetts receive free admission to the Institute.
- All bags are subject to inspection by Institute security.
- Large bags, umbrellas, and other large items must be checked at coat check.
- Free coat check is available to Institute guests and visitors. The Institute is not responsible for items left at coat check. Storage of personal belongings is not open to the public.
- Food and drinks will not be permitted beyond the lobby or café areas.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothing as the experience can last up to two hours.
- The Institute engages in photographing and recording programs and events for its own documentation and promotional purposes.
Filming at the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate is not permitted without the permission of the Institute. If you are a member of the press and have a media request, please contact the Institute’s communications office via email@example.com. For all other filming inquiries, please contact the Institute’s events office via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lost and Found
The Institute’s Lost and Found is at the Coat Check area. You may also call the Lost and Found desk with any questions via the Institute’s main number, 617.740.7000.
Put a visit to the Edward M. Kennedy Institute on your list of what to do in Boston this year. Help us become one of the top Boston places of interest by sharing this page via social media.