Join & Support
Launched in 2015 to celebrate the opening of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate, the 1787 Society is comprised of individuals who annually support the Institute and its mission of promoting public service and full participation in the democratic process. Taking its name from the year that the U.S. Senate was created by the framers of the Constitution, entry to the Society is tied to the legislative body’s beginnings. In 2018, a gift of at least $231 (marking the U.S. Senate’s 231st anniversary) welcomes donors into the 1787 Society.
Members of the 1787 Society enjoy unique access to special programming at the Institute, including invitations to special events and opportunities to participate in bipartisan dialogue with respected civic and business leaders around critical issues facing the nation.
Membership benefits include:
- Distinctive membership card and 1787 Society lapel pin
- Free admission for you and a guest to the Institute for one year
- A subscription to the EMK Institute newsletter
- Your name listed in the Institute’s annual report as a 1787 Society member
- Advance notice of special events at the Institute
- 15% discount in gift store and online store
- Access to specific email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our various donation tiers, please refer to the following page: