The Citizens' Choice: Legalizing Recreational Marijuana
A Discussion on Massachusetts 2016 Ballot Question 4
Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 7:00 PM
Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate, Columbia Point
The Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate partnered with WGBH to present The Citizens Choice: Legalizing Recreational Marijuana. Through this discussion, experts explored both sides of this issue and attempted to answer the question: would legalizing marijuana for recreational use affect Massachusetts for better or for worse? State Representative Jonathan Hecht provided opening remarks. Jim Braude, host of WGBH’s Greater Boston moderated the discussion.
- Andrew Freedman, Director of Marijuana Coordination for the State of Colorado
- Dr. Kevin Sabet, Assistant professor of psychiatry and Director of the Drug Policy Institute at the University of Florida, Co-Founder of Project SAM (Smart Approaches to Marijuana)
- Madeline Martinez, Director Emeritus of Oregon NORML, Co-Founder of the NORML Women’s Alliance, and Owner of the World Famous Cannabis Café
- Massachusetts State Senator Jason Lewis (D-Winchester)
- Dr. Kevin Hill, Addiction Psychiatrist, Clinical Researcher, Author of Marijuana: The Unbiased Truth about the World’s Most Popular Weed.
IMAGES (click to view Flickr album)