The Next Generation of Leaders is Here
A conversation with millennials in public service
Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 6:00 PM
Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate, Columbia Point
Millennials in Massachusetts are already demonstrating their civic impact by working at the local, state, and federal levels to create change in their communities. The Institute brought young leaders together to discuss how their generation is defining civic engagement, the value and importance of public service, and what political activism means for up-and-coming thought leaders.
- Senator Patrick M. O’Connor, Massachusetts State Senate Minority Whip representing Plymouth and Norfolk District @PatrickMOConnor
- Akilah Johnson, Reporter, The Boston Globe @akjohnson1922
- Sam Chambers, LGBTQ Community Liaison, Mayor’s Office of Neighborhood Services, City of Boston @UncleSam916
- Sibusisiwe Malaba, Executive Director, Massachusetts Black and Latino Legislative Caucus @MA_BLLC
- Erin Santhouse, Executive Director, Mayor’s Office of Scheduling and Advance, City of Boston @emsanthouse
- Hirak Shah, Legal Counsel, Office of State Senate Minority Leader Bruce E. Tarr @hirakshah729
Thank you to our Community Partners for this program, including City Awake, the Massachusetts Alliance of College Republicans, the Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus and SPARK Boston.
IMAGES (Click to view Flickr album)