Getting to the Point on Education Reform in the Commonwealth
Monday, June 24, 2019, 6:30 PM
State and local leaders will discuss the challenges posed by the current state education funding formula and proposals for reform that meet the needs of students and families throughout Massachusetts.
Moderated by Steve Brown, State House Reporter/Anchor for WBUR, the discussion will feature:
• Colin Jones, Senior Policy Analyst, Mass Budget & Policy Center, @MassBudget
• State Senator Jason Lewis, 5th Middlesex, Chair, Joint Committee on Education, @SenJasonLewis
• State Representative Alice Peisch, 14th Norfolk, Chair, Joint Committee on Education, @RepAlicePeisch
• James Peyser, Secretary of Education, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, @MassEducation
• Dr. Lorna Rivera, Director, Gaston Institute for Latino Community Development & Public Policy, Associate Professor of Women’s & Gender Studies at the University of Massachusetts Boston, and Member, Boston Public Schools Committee @GastonInstituteRegister Here
ABOUT THE EDWARD M. KENNEDY INSTITUTE FOR THE UNITED STATES SENATE
The Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate is dedicated to educating the public about the important role of the Senate in our government, encouraging participatory democracy, invigorating civil discourse, and inspiring the next generation of citizens and leaders to engage in the civic life of their communities.
REGISTRATION & SEATING
Registration opens no earlier than 5:30 PM. Registration and doors close 15 minutes after the start of the program. Some seats have obstructed views. If needed, an overflow room will provide guests with a live stream of the program.
The Edward M. Kennedy Institute strives to meet the needs of and be accessible to all of their visitors. We offer several options for assistance to visitors as listed on this page. Please reply to email@example.com as promptly as possible to request Communication Access services.
The Edward M. Kennedy Institute frequently engages in photographing and recording programs and events for its own documentation and promotional purposes. Please notify a staff member or volunteer if you do not wish to be photographed or recorded during your visit.
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
Directions are on the Institute’s website. Parking is available in the Kennedy Institute lot.