About the Institute
December 9, 2019
Massachusetts policy experts to convene at Kennedy Institute for talk on public health on Wednesday, December 11
Topical subjects like addiction and gun violence to be covered
BOSTON – On the evening of Wednesday, December 11, the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate will welcome state and local leaders for a discussion on public health issues facing communities across Massachusetts, including gun safety, substance abuse, mental health, and the social determinants of health. The panel will highlight how the Commonwealth addresses each of these issues and will reflect on opportunities for the state to continue to lead and expand on support for strong public health policy.
• Monica Bharel, MD, MPH, Commissioner, Massachusetts Department of Public Health
• Michael F. Collins, MD, Chancellor, University of Massachusetts Medical School
• Phillomin Laptiste, MHA, Executive Director, Bowdoin Street Health Center
• Linda Thompson, MPH, DrPH, RN, FAAN, Dean, University of Massachusetts Boston, College of Nursing and Health Sciences
• Gideon Gil, managing editor of STAT, to serve as moderator for the panel conversation.
Getting to the Point: The Next Frontier of Public Health in Massachusetts
Wednesday, December 11, 2019, at 6:30 p.m. ET
Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate Columbia Point 210 Morrissey Boulevard on the UMass Boston campus Boston, MA
The program’s livestream can be accessed here. This event is OPEN PRESS. RSVP to email@example.com.
About the Edward M. Kennedy Institute
The Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, civic education organization in Boston envisioned by the late Senator Edward M. Kennedy. Through a range of exhibits, interactive educational offerings, and topical programs, the Institute engages students and visitors in a conversation about the essential role each person plays in our democracy and in our society. Learn more via emkinstitute.org.
Press Contact Info
For media inquiries, please contact: