About the Institute
Kennedy Institute Partners with Google to host Washington Event.
Washington D.C.– On October 24th, the Institute co-hosted a panel discussion in Washington discussing the federal government’s role in issues related to the LGBT community.
The event was moderated by Institute board member, Stephanie Cutter, and included several distinguished individuals. Panelists included:
• Ron Weich, Dean of the University of Baltimore School of Law,
• Manus M. Cooney, Partner at the American Continental Group,
• Ross LaJeunesse, Google’s Director of Free Expression and International Relations,
• Joe Solmonese, Managing partner and founder of Galvin/Solomense and HRC Past President
• Congressman Tom Davis, former Chair of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
The bipartisan event provided a historical perspective on the federal government’s role on issues impacting the LGBT community and a preview of possible activity on these issues on Capital Hill in the year ahead.
Bill Dewalt, Museum Director at the Institute, provided brief remarks at the event.
Press Contact Info
For media inquiries, please contact: