About the Institute
The Program & Partnership Manager is a member of the external relations team who leads the development, planning, and implementation of programming at the Edward M. Kennedy Institute
The Program & Partnership Manager is a member of the external relations team who leads the development, planning, and implementation of programming at the Institute. The Manager will produce timely, relevant, newsworthy and substantive programming support the needs of special events and joint initiatives with partners, and develop a diverse and engaging schedule of programs throughout the year. The Manager will manage relationships with event stakeholders and serve as point of contact for speakers, moderators, partners, and other program participants. The Manager will have excellent writing and communications skills, and will draft program descriptions and text for promotional materials to support the promotion of programs, and work with other members of the external relations team to build audience for programs. The Manager will identify all operational needs for successful execution of programs, and work with colleagues to implement logistical requirements.
- Develop relevant, educational, and engaging content for programs, including brainstorming topics and issues, identifying speakers and moderators, tracking ideas for programs and prioritizing those to pursue, and generating a schedule of programs.
- Manage relationships with all program speakers, moderators, event partners, and other program participants; responsible for speaker communications including outreach to participate in event, conducting briefing calls and discussions, and sharing event details.
- Lead all necessary planning to determine program needs and assess operational and logistical requirements for production of events; work with Program Coordinator to implement program needs with IT, facilities, operations, outside vendors, and other external partners as needed.
- Draft all program-related content and communications including program descriptions, written correspondence, invitations, broadcast emails, briefing materials, backgrounders, talking points, and reports.
- Conduct direct outreach to solicit new and strengthen relationships with partners/prospective partners and to build audiences for individual programs.
- Consult and collaborate on marketing strategies to support promotion of programs, including paid advertisements, developing broadcast email and announcement schedule, and other efforts to build audience and awareness for programs
- Solicit, strengthen, and support relationships with programmatic partners including media partners, community partners, and others
- Work with Director of Community Engagement to track event expenses and manage the budget for individual events
- Participate in Institute events and programs, including those held on evenings and weekends
- Participate in and support other Institute-wide initiatives and external relations projects as needed
Education Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent record of professional achievement with a demonstrated track record of success and increasing responsibilities.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in events, programming, organizing, or politics
- Experience with content development, policy research, and the ability to effectively identify timely political and policy issues
- A proven track record of effectively and graciously serving in an external-facing role with the ability to support relationships with diverse and high-ranking stakeholders, including U.S. government officials, donors, community partners, vendors and members of the public
- Must have demonstrated the ability to lead and implement projects independently as well as managing staff, peers and colleagues to complete required tasks
- Previous experience managing staff preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Excellent written communication skills; experience with marketing and communications writing a plus
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with a variety of diverse internal and external team members
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced office
- Demonstrated flexibility and poise working under pressure
- Ability to effectively solve problems and adjust in fast-paced circumstances
- Must be detail orientated, meticulous with professional standards for task execution;
- Enthusiasm and commitment to teamwork
- Passion for promoting civic engagement and healthy political discourse to people of all ages
- Should posses an interest in current federal, state, and local government, related policy news.
- A sense of leadership, initiative and ownership of project area
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and/or direction
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Google workplace applications and others such as Eventbrite, Adobe Design Cloud, MailChimp, and ease of learning other event/customer management and design software
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to pass a criminal background and credit check required
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with the title “Program & Partnership Manager” in the subject line. Please, no phone calls. The Institute does not retain external search firms. No solicitation calls will be entertained.
The Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.