About the Institute
We have an exciting opportunity for a part time Human Resources Coordinator. The Human Resources Coordinator plays a critical role by supporting and maintaining effective HR & compliance systems and policies while providing outstanding HR customer service to institute leaders, staff, interns and volunteers. This part-time position is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized, detail-oriented professional. In this role you will work on a variety of HR tasks and projects in an exciting, fast paced environment. This is a position that touches and impacts a number of different functions within the organization, so we are seeking someone who is able to juggle multiple priorities while still getting the details right.
The Coordinator will assist the Director of Human Resources in recruiting, benefits administration and database management of various benefits and payroll platforms. This position will assist in developing and implementing processes and policies that are compliant and consistent with the mission and culture and philosophy of the Institute.
- Assist with recruiting and staffing; maintain applicant tracking databases
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of administrative operational and human resources policies, processes, forms, and procedures.
- Coordinate information and requests related to HRIS and Payroll system always ensuring to protect the security of employees’ information, data, and files.
- Manage the Human Resources Directors’ calendar with an eye on prioritizing calls, meetings and interviews
- Responsible for the on boarding and orientation process of new employees
- Develop and maintain an employee paper and electronic file systems and databases
- Responsible for reviewing bi-weekly payroll
- Trains staff on payroll and time keeping systems
- Responsible for managing the posting of jobs internally and externally on various websites
- Manages pre-employment background checks for all staff, interns and volunteers
- Assist in the development of employee/human resources communication that will ensure open communication and information sharing across the organization and support a knowledgeable, engaged, and open work environment
- Work with Director to implement recruiting strategies
- Accurately compile, review, and format data for reports, charts, and spreadsheets.
- Assist in the development and implementation of employee engagement strategies that are designed to positively impact employee engagement, and quality of work-life
- Support special projects related to human resources. Conduct research, gather and maintain data and statistical reports
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education A Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent record of professional achievement and qualifications with a demonstrated track record of success.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to be flexible and multi-task effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Payroll and HRIS systems
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work with diverse populations;
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently and under general supervision when necessary
- Must be proactive and able to use critical thinking skills to solve problems and provide solutions
- Must be comfortable interfacing with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients, vendors, and visitors.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Knowledge of basic human resource standards practices, policies and procedures essential
- Ability to pass a criminal background check required
- Other duties as assigned
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with the title “Human Resources Coordinator” in the subject line. Please, no phone calls. The Institute does not retain external search firms. No solicitation calls will be entertained.
The Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.